Can there be such configuration: 6 machines in the one cluster, but the HA uses only

miha_r

May 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

Can there be such configuration: 6 machines in the one cluster, but the HA uses only 4 of them?

Thanks for your help,
miha_r.

Re: Can there be such configuration: 6 machines in the one cluster, but the HA uses o

Yes, you can.
You can enable HA just for vms you need for.Just go to Datacenter -> HA and enable HA for vms you need HA.The remaining vms will be handled manually by you.

Re: Can there be such configuration: 6 machines in the one cluster, but the HA uses o

I will specify, "vms" in the sense of "virtual machine"?
But i mean 6 machines in the one cluster like "6 bare metal machines members in the one cluster".

Please, forgive me for my bad english.

As long as the cluster configuration is unique to the entire cluster I don't believe you can do that.
You need to have 2 separate clusters for that.
But wait for a confirmation from somebody else to be sure.

Yes, you can. Search for failoverdomains

Yes, it seems that this is exactly what I was asking about.
Remains to try how it works.
Thank you very much for the advice!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!