Can I install proxmox VE 2 on IBM x3650 with SAS controller and use IBM DS3512

sv63rus

Jun 18, 2012
Russia
Hello! I plan to upgrade the IT infrastructure. I plan purchase of equipment. Tell me if I can deploy a cluster proxmox VE 2 on the next hardware:
Server IBM Express x3650 M4 - (2 servers) with two IBM 6Gb SAS HBA Controller (46M0907)
System Storage DS3512
Fencing device APC AP7921

Servers connect to System Storage DS3512 with SAS cable.
This http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/xseries/7915/ibm_46M0907.html
Test Information For the x3650 M4 (7915)
Product: IBM 6Gb SAS HBA Controller
Manufacturer: IBM
Part Number: 46M0907

IBM tell that work with Red hat and suse.

Will I be able to find drivers for Proxmox VE(debian) for the SAS controller and installed proxmox ve on the designated server.
Or maybe tell me another configuration that 100% will work?

Thank you! You have created a great product

Last edited:
Hi! All work fine ! I test proxmox ve 2.1 on IBM x3650 M4 with IBM 6Gb SAS HBA Controller (46M0907). But now i receive from supplier IMB DS3512 and want to connect to proxmox ve host. Question: Can I use daul sas controller in my proxmox host to connect to IMB DS3512 ?? And how i can do it ? Does Proxmox supports MPIO on SAS controllers ??

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!