Can´t see my VM´s

Cengiz

May 4, 2012
Hi there,

I´ve just reinstalled to v2.1 due to upgrade failures. But now I can´t see any VM on the Webinterface. Is there something missing?
I´ve restored some vm´s with vzrestore. The restore process is shown up in the task window on the down side of the page.

Here are some Images ..

Unbenannt.png

Shouldn´t be there a link to a page where i can manage the VM´s ??

[EDIT]
I started the VM´s manually -> no problems
The Installation is a manual Installation -> Clean/Fresh Debian

pveperf:
root@91-143-85-xx:/mnt/ftp/openvz/2012-05-03# pveperfCPU BOGOMIPS: 33752.35
REGEX/SECOND: 1309343
HD SIZE: 912.68 GB (/dev/md2)
BUFFERED READS: 153.77 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 19.59 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND: 35.69
DNS EXT: 21.44 ms
DNS INT: 5.44 ms (blue.kundencontroller.de)
root@91-143-85-xx:/mnt/ftp/openvz/2012-05-03#

pvcelist start 101 says:

root@91-143-85-xx:/mnt/ftp/openvz/2012-05-03# pvectl start 101Starting container ...
Container is mounted
Adding IP address(es): 91.143.85.xx
Setting CPU units: 2500
Setting CPUs: 4
Container start in progress...
root@91-143-85-xx:/mnt/ftp/openvz/2012-05-03#

pvectl list is empty. But VM´s are running ... ??

Greets

Last edited:
Hi,

I have not read documentation but after the update I had to re-create the machines. Gui interface seen disks (KVM) but not machines.

how did you restore? post the full restore log (double click the restore task)

Hi,

here is the restorelog the other one is similar.

Greets

extracting archive '/mnt/ftp/openvz/2012-05-03/vzdump-openvz-102-2012_05_03-20_41_01.tar'
Total bytes read: 7898419200 (7.4GiB, 7.2MiB/s)
restore configuration to '/etc/pve/nodes/91-143-85-39/openvz/102.conf'
TASK OK

f4ir;53709[COLOR=#333333 said:
how did you restore? post the full restore log (double click the restore task)[/COLOR]

are you sure you are on the right host? as you remove your IP´s in the logs its not clear.

Same problem. I restored a test Container from Proxmox 1.9 to Proxmox 2.1-1 and all went well. Except I cant see them in Control Panel. Same thing with newly created Proxmox default Containers. Create CT works fine but nothing is shown on the GUI. Server has SSD, 8 cores and lots of RAM.

Last edited:
to help out, i've discovered that if you type in "pvectl list" you get no results. but if you type in "vzlist -a" you can see all the containers.

I'm pretty sure there was a perl module update that is breaking pve's ability to parse the vz/container config files in /etc/vz/conf/ which is just a symlink to /etc/pve/openvz.

My thinking here is that if I do a fresh install of proxmox 2.1, i can see all the containers normally. but if I run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" then it breaks the ability to see the containers.

I hope that helps.

Hi,
I have a similar problem. I installed a new server proxmox, but I can not see the VM in the Web interface. I thought that the plant, had broken down and did this several times but without result.
I installed ProxMox v 2.0 and did aptitude full-upgrade. But still no result.

Somebody Has To solve this problem.
Pls, help me.

PS I made another attempt, I installed version 1.9 and I saw my virtual machines. I did upgrade from debian debian 5 to 6, ProxMox 1.9 to 2.1 and my virtalni machines not visible

Last edited:
I've filed a bug on this earlier (https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=228) and as advised, I'll now try to provide further information here on the forum, so that Proxmox guys can reproduce this from their end too.

Looks like the issue is to do with how I'm running Proxmox in a KVM inside a Proxmox host. If I create an OpenVZ container in Proxmox KVM, I can't see it from the web interface regardless of whether it's newly created or restored from the backup. However, if I create an OpenVZ container on the Proxmox host, I can see the OpenVZ containers from the web interface.

I've been able to reproduce this issue on multiple installations of the same nature. Can this be reproduced by anyone else, and if so, be filed as a bug?

you run Proxmox VE inside Proxmox VE. so are you sure you connect to the right GUI?

you run Proxmox VE inside Proxmox VE. so are you sure you connect to the right GUI?

Yes, I'm sure I'm looking at the right one. I've given a public IP to the KVM and connecting to it directly on https://<public IP>:8006 .

No errors in /var/log/syslog that are related to Proxmox.

Running "pvectl list" returns an empty result too.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!