Best way to block port 25

me.samip2012

Jan 6, 2018
Hello,

I am getting lots of abuse complaints day by day what is the best way to block port 25 on all vm and ct or stop spam going out from vms and cts, any help will be highly appreciated

thanks

I just added the rule in ct

[OPTIONS]

ipfilter: 1
policy_in: ACCEPT
enable: 1

[IPSET ipfilter-net0]

x.x.x.x

[RULES]

OUT REJECT -dest 25
IN REJECT -dest 25

Will this work out ?

I dont have cluster actually, I just want to block port on some kvm vm and lxc ct but firewall seems not working, any suggestion
?

I dont have cluster actually

That does not matter, the term is datacenter firewall and you can block all incoming traffic to port 25 there.

I am getting lots of abuse complaints day by day what is the best way to block port 25 on all vm and ct or stop spam going out from vms and cts, any help will be highly appreciated

Why don't you configure your mail server properly to not accept incoming connections at all?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!