best way to add different sized disks with 9305-16i hba to proxmox? disks not showing in vg

zack3334

Dec 22, 2020
Hey all, I played around with proxmox a bit and originally had my 6 disks which range from 1tb to 2tb to 10tb directly connected to the motherboards sata ports, and I was able to create vg's with said disks, in the gui it says " vgcreate sda /dev/sda error: Run `vgcreate --help' for more information" then don't actually show up in the list of vg's but when I look at the disk list it now says "usage lvm" is this because I have the disks on that hba now? can I set up vg's while using an hbs? it's the only thing that's changed since my last proxmox install pretty new to this so if someone could go more in depth and possibly how I should proceed for a set up, this will only be a testing enviroment so i'd like to have as many resources as possible. i've also read about hba passthrough but i'm not 100% sure how to implement if I should

Thanks all!

what does 'pvs' show? it seems the pv was created but not the vg (for whatever reason)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!