Bare Metal - Provided By Host Networking Issue

zaudko

Sep 21, 2024
I have been battling with this for over a month any configuration on my VM's does not seem to fix my issue.

Below is the image of my network setup provided to me with a deployment of Proxmox from my dedicated server host.

eno1 & eno2: These are my 10Gb connections
bond0: eno1/eno2 bonded
bond0.10: Seems to be my internal network as that is an internal network provided by the host this specific proxmox instance is assigned the shown IP
bond0.3: Not sure what this is but its VLAN 3 and shows up in my server configuration on the hosts control panel, I have 2 other servers both with vlan 2 and 4 provided.
vmrb0: this is the connection utilizing my public IP which I am able to access everything including in shell pinging my other 2 servers on the internal network of 10.0.0.11 and 13.

My question is I want to add additional devices not utilizing additional public IPs how do I give them an internal address to be able to talk to my other servers and utilize lets say 1 public IP amongst all of them for updates/download etc. I understand in the screenshot I have a /31 and thats only one useable address, but I do own larger blocks which I would use to implement whatever the change is that I need to make.

my current setup is every VM gets a public IP and I have firewall rules to block all outside traffic. This gets expensive especially when I have VMs running monitoring agents that I dont need a dedicated public IP for since they are internal tools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 1.32.24 PM.png

U create a 2. Bridge for vlan 10. There u can connect the VMS & co. For internet u must forward this net over vlan 3. This can be done by a router VM like opnsense or u use some iptables rules in the interfaces file. U find examples in this forum.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!