Backups not starting automatically

permport

Sep 11, 2024
Hello ProxMox fanatics ;-)

2 weeks ago we updated 1 node from 6.xx to 7.xx. SHTF in a way that we don't want to update our 2 other nodes at this moment. We only have a prod cluster and don't take that risk anymore. So we have 1 node on 7.4 and 2 nodes on 6.xx
In the future we are going to buy new hardware and a enterprise subscription for ProxMox. This project is already started. Until then we leave our VE like it is.

Our problem: since this update our backup-tasks are dead. It doesn't start by the scheduler. However I can start the BU manually and then it runs.

I've found several topics concerning a similar issue but I can't solve it.

Can you analyze it with me?

On node 1 I have this:

Code:
 systemctl status pvescheduler.service
● pvescheduler.service - Proxmox VE scheduler
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pvescheduler.service; enabled; vendor preset>
     Active: active (running) since Tue 2024-09-17 17:21:24 CEST; 1 weeks 1 days ago
    Process: 3796183 ExecReload=/usr/bin/pvescheduler restart (code=exited, status=0/>
   Main PID: 35690 (pvescheduler)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 153963)
     Memory: 101.5M
        CPU: 5min 11.792s
     CGroup: /system.slice/pvescheduler.service
             └─35690 pvescheduler

On node 2 I have this:
Code:
root@pmnode2:~# systemctl status pvescheduler.service
Unit pvescheduler.service could not be found.

We don't have VM's on node 1 but it seems that the BU would be OK.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey,
if backp task are launched localy on your new node, delete and recreate the backup task.
If she's on pve 6.xx node, create separates task between pve 6 and 7 for your backups tasks

Thank you for the reply.

I already had created a new task for node 2 but it doesn't run either

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!