[SOLVED] Azure to PVE migration problems

kobuki

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2008
I'm struggling with a seemingly simple task. I've copied the contents of an old Debian 8/Jessie VM from Azure to a PVE 6.1-7 host using rsync. I've set up boot, etc., and the VM does start booting, but I see the messages per attached image and it's stuck there forever. The root partition is a simple partition, not LVM, but LVM is used on other partitions. The kernel running is the latest 4.9 from jessie-backports. I've done many similar migration tasks before from various other platforms, always with success. This kind of error is a first. Disk is Virtio-SCSI.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Keywords: random lvm uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)

Attachments

• jessie azure-pve 6.1 migration error.png
    jessie azure-pve 6.1 migration error.png
    20 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
OK, it was actually a pretty lame issue. I had to clean up the garbage in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub and presto, booting like it should. I leave this "solution" here for search engines.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!