Automatic LDAP User Sync

phil.lavin

Apr 25, 2020
Is it possible to schedule a sync of LDAP users via the GUI, using the new user sync in 6.2, such that it runs every hour, every day, etc.? I've got it working using the "Sync" button in the GUI and I know you can do it on CLI with pveum realm sync "Realm" however it doesn't seem to automatically sync on a schedule. I can add the CLI command to cron if required but just want to make sure I'm not missing a GUI option.

Is it possible to schedule a sync of LDAP users via the GUI, using the new user sync in 6.2, such that it runs every hour, every day, etc.? I've got it working using the "Sync" button in the GUI and I know you can do it on CLI with pveum realm sync "Realm" however it doesn't seem to automatically sync on a schedule. I can add the CLI command to cron if required but just want to make sure I'm not missing a GUI option.
You could create a cron job to run pveum realm sync "Realm"

Reactions: fireon
I would really appreciate to get such a funcionality since a LDAP backend without synchronization is in my eyes against the idea of having a centralized user backend. Creating a cron job may solve this problem but it is still a workaround. I would prefer to have a host-independent and built-in solution so that I don't need to fear that the config gets overwritten with an update or the sync stops working if the concerning host of my cluster gets removed or replaced.

Is this feature on the roadmap for coming PVE releases?

Reactions: Geco-iT

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!