Areca ARC-1880 support

mvrhov

Jan 29, 2011
Hi,

the arcmsr.ko that ships with kernel 2.6.32-4-pve in Proxmox 1.7 doesn't support Arecas ARC-1880 series.
It took me while yesterday to load new driver into installation so I could install the Proxmox on the drives attached to it. And then update the final initrd to include it on each boot.
Would you be so kind and include updated version form areca's website into further versions so there wouldn't be any need to rebuild initrd on each update and also make a life for other users easier.

Thanks.
Miha

I have eight of these cards myself, if my memory is correct Areca submitted the necessary driver changes to Linux in 2.6.36.

So I think us early adopters simply need to be patient and this problem will go away without any work from the Proxmox team.

If anyone is curious as to the performance of the 1880 I have 4GB Battery backed write cache, 12 WD RE3 disks in raid6:
# pveperf
CPU BOGOMIPS: 38572.97
REGEX/SECOND: 1191272
HD SIZE: 36.67 GB (/dev/mapper/pve-root)
BUFFERED READS: 932.53 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 7.11 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND: 6006.56

great performance!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!