Applying Professional License

Poggy

Jul 18, 2006
I need to get clarification from the experts...

I have a proxmox box using your 30-day trial license and opted to purchase the Professional license since this worked well for our environment. The box is now in production still with the trial license and need to apply our Pro license. I was told that the trial license needs to be deleted, thus stopping all incoming messages, the new license put into place and the domain also setup again. Does this sound correct? If so, what does this do to the LDAP rules Ive setup?

Thanks Again!

Poggy said:
I need to get clarification from the experts...

I have a proxmox box using your 30-day trial license and opted to purchase the Professional license since this worked well for our environment. The box is now in production still with the trial license and need to apply our Pro license. I was told that the trial license needs to be deleted, thus stopping all incoming messages, the new license put into place and the domain also setup again. Does this sound correct? If so, what does this do to the LDAP rules Ive setup?

Thanks Again!

Hi,

By uploading the pro version licence key, the trial key will be automatically replaced with the new license.

as a consequence, the maildomains in the trial key will be deleted.

please update your maildomains immediately after uploading the new license (Configuration, Mail Proxy, Relaying).

All other configurations will be untouched, also your LDAP configuration.

Kind regards,
Martin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!