Anyone needing help on a hyperconvergence (ceph) project? / Alguém precisando de ajuda em um projeto de hiperconvergência?

Joao Correa

Nov 20, 2017
Hello!
It's great to have a complete open source, cost-free hyperconvergence alternative, especially if you look at the values of VMware (Vsan) and Nutanix.

I already set up an experimental setup with Proxmox and Ceph in a test lab, including posting a video about my experience (https://youtu.be/mPVBfO7uoMA) but I don't have the hardware and workload needed to do deep testing and tuning the hyperconvergence solution used by Proxmox (Ceph).

So if someone who has the necessary hardware requirements and a workload for a pilot project is thinking about setting up Proxmox (with Ceph) in this environment, I am available to help at no cost.

I am currently willing to devote my time to better understanding how it works, how it responds in load environments and the boundaries of Proxmox with Ceph.

Especially in Brazil or Latin America, I speak / write Portuguese, I understand Spanish.

My contact email is: jcorreajr at gmail dot com (jcorreajr@gmail.com)

-----

Olá!
É fantástico existir uma alternativa completa de hiperconvergência com código aberto e sem custo para uso, principalmente se olharmos para os valores do Vmware (Vsan) e o Nutanix.

Eu ja montei uma configuração experimental com o Proxmox e Ceph em um laboratório de testes, inclusive postei um video sobre minha experiência (https://youtu.be/mPVBfO7uoMA) mas não tenho o hardware nem o workload necessário para testes profundos e fazer o tuning da solução de hiperconvergência usada pela Proxmox, o Ceph.

Por isso, se alguem que tiver o requerimento de hardware necessário e um workload para um projeto piloto e estiver pensando em configurar o ceph neste ambiente, me coloco a disposição para ajudar, sem qualquer custo.

Atualmente estou disposto a dedicar o meu tempo a entender melhor como funciona, como responde em ambientes de carga e os limites do Proxmox com o Ceph.

Meu contato é: jcorreajr@gmail.com

Reactions: guletz
Presenting a Proxmox VE Ceph server with two nodes does not make any sense, you need always three nodes.

I would like to add on the hardware part, that you can create a virtual Proxmox VE + Ceph cluster (nesting) before committing to any hardware purchase.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!