Any way to see total space used by backup?

sgatke

Nov 16, 2018
I am using the built-in backup option in Proxmox. It seems to work well.
For the backup storage I have configured to have X number of backups. This also works fine and I applaud how simple and easy this is to work with.
One thing I cannot easily find: How much space is being used by backups?
I can see what each backup takes up, but no total. I am pretty good at math, but 10 vm with several backups from each, makes it hard to do the math quickly :)

Is there a command to show the total used space for backups or did I miss it in the GUI?

P. S. Missing incremental/differential backup in Proxmox, but I also recognize the obvious price difference between Proxmox and VMware+Veeam.

Is there a command to show the total used space for backups or did I miss it in the GUI?
I don't know about the GUI, but if the backup server is Linux, log into that server and run the du command to find used space.

Missing incremental/differential backup in Proxmox
If you are not bound to Windows and can use Linux, look at rsnapshot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!