Any way to disable the nagware screen without recompiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fewt

Sep 10, 2013
Last edited:
It's all the contrary, they recommend the subsciption repository and the nag screen is there to remember you that.
If you don't have money to support them (= help yourself in the long term) and activate the "enterprise" repository, you can comment out the reference and stay with the "no subscription" ones.
Search the forum for many long discussions about this new fact :).

If I was planning to use Proxmox in production I'd have no issue with subscribing. I'm using it in a test environment, and this change doesn't help my desire to subscribe, it pushes me towards not recommending it to others and replacing Proxmox with ESXi.

I did disable the enterprise repo when I enabled the non-subscription repo but the nag screen remains. There has to be a reasonable way to disable it for test environments without buying a subscription.

This really sucks, I've been using the software for a while now in my home lab and the sudden shift to nagware is really disconcerting.

You still get the same software with 100% same functionality. You only need to do one more click after login!

At least add an option to disable it after seeing it once. Don't nag people.

Also, it was trivial enough to patch out.

Last edited by a moderator:
come on, there is nothing to cpmplain about - you have a full working virtualization environment... for free... with all features..... not like other projects where the free 'community version' is limited to certain features and therefore not really usable;

Last edited:
come on, you have a full working virtualization environment... for free... with all features..... not like other projects where the free 'community version' is limited to certain features and therefore not really usable;

ovirt, free with all features. virt-manager free with all features. I'm not asking to not display the screen ever, just make it show once and then allow a don't show me again option. It's not too much to ask for.

ovirt, free with all features. virt-manager free with all features. I'm not asking to not display the screen ever, just make it show once and then allow a don't show me again option. It's not too much to ask for.

One single additional click is perfectly acceptable for non-production use.

That's pretty lame of you to remove the patch, but I see you have a history of this sort of behavior. No worries, I posted it in other places too. :)

One single additional click is perfectly acceptable for non-production use.

A potential customer disagrees, but who am I to tell you what to do. I guess I just won't recommend Proxmox to anyone instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!