Any info on a Promox Linux installer and management system?

aarcane

Renowned Member
Jul 28, 2015
I really like Proxmox' Web Gui and the way the installer manages configuring ZFS for boot, with both mirroring and ESP configuration, disk status and smart, ceph, firewall, and the whole general UI to manage a lot of basic things. I would use it for a select subset of my infrastructure in my lab to make a few key systems easier to manage at a glance, even if it explicitly didn't have configuration for things like apache or nginx and openldap, and all the other things I might want to configure a server to do. It would be nice to be able to add them to a datacenter, not as VM or hosts, and be able to click between them at a glance and view their status, and just generally have a bunch of stuff from Proxmox installed on an otherwise naked Debian system. Is there any push to provide, or even sell, a Proxmox Linux base distro? I'm sure others have thought about how nice that could be, if it handled just some basics, then got out of the way.

Is there any push to provide, or even sell, a Proxmox Linux base distro? I'm sure others have thought about how nice that could be, if it handled just some basics, then got out of the way.
Why don't you simply install PVE? It is based on Debian, so you can install what you need on top of that.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!