After Upgrading to Proxmox 5.2-9 Scheduled backups fail

mbagni

Nov 12, 2015
Hi,
I have recently migrated to Proxmox 5.2-9 (previously I was running the last release of 4) and since the upgrade the scheduled backups cannot complete.

Everytime there is a container or a qemu vm that fails.

Last night the command:
vzdump 131 --mode snapshot --mailto "myemail" --mailnotification always --quiet 1 --storage vmrepo --compress lzo --node rcpromox
failed with the error: "can't aquire lock '/var/run/vzdump.lock' - got timeout"

The vm131 is a Windows XP server into a qemu vm.

On the previous run, I run the backups on Saturday nights, it stopped backing up the containers since there was one container that refused to shutdown (I am backing up the containers with the option "stop").

But that specific container stops nicely if I stop it through the WEB interface.

With the previous release I did not have these issues and all the containers and the vm could be backed up without any problem.

I have noticed that the container that cannot be stopped by the backup is always the same (the same error occurrs if I try to run the backup manually through the WEB interface) and, in order to back it up I have to manually (through the WEB interface) shut it down, then run the backup and restart the lxc manually.

Am I the only one that is having this issue?

Thank you all!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!