After Migration start of VM's fail

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Tallaril, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Tallaril

Tallaril New Member

Hi,

I've backuped the machines from my old node and transferred it to the new cluster. Backup and restore works fine and the CT's are up and running again. The only Problem that i have is, that not a single VM is back up.

The start fails with:

No certificate path provided
    TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 103 -chardev 'socket,id=monitor,path=/var/run/qemu-server/103.mon,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=monitor,mode=readline' -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/103.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/103.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name ns1.dnszone24.com-19 -smp 'sockets=1,cores=2' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on' -vga cirrus -tdf -k en-us -drive 'if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=native' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=device-ide2,bootindex=200' -drive 'file=/dev/leonidas/vm-103-disk-1,if=none,id=drive-ide0,aio=native,cache=none' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0,id=device-ide0,bootindex=100' -m 1024 -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap103i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge' -device 'rtl8139,mac=42:F4:2C:CD:C2:AA,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,bootindex=300' -cpuunits 1000' failed: exit code 1

This problem occurs with all VM's

I also have continous errors on the node like this in syslog:

WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/OpenVZ.pm line 213.
    WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in multiplication (*) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/OpenVZ.pm line 215.

#1 Tallaril, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Tallaril

Tallaril New Member

This error is solved, those machines were migrated from an old proxmox system (1.9). The conf file missed the vaue:

PHYSPAGES=""
    SWAPPAGES=""

Therefore the script couldn't add or multiply anything.

The other error still occurs, "No certificate path provided" ...... idk

3. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Try to run:

# pvecm updatecerts

The reboot that node. Does that help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tallaril

Tallaril New Member

Hi Dietmar,

i've solved it in the meantime. Not the way you've mentioned, but similar. I've just copied the cert from the master into the correct folder .... tadaaa

Thanks for your help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice