After installing Proxmox 2.2 - IPMI & Boot not working anymore..

kladze

Renowned Member
Nov 6, 2012
Hello,

Im having a problem after re-installation proxmox... I went from 1.5 to 2.2 - I did a fresh install... the IPMI in my server is no longer "working" when the OS is about to load up... Here is what happends..

1. Power up server - OK
2. Some BIOS POST information - OK
3. When going to load OS - FAILS / IPMI Shows nothing... only black screen
4. Server can't/wont boot

If i load up the 2.2 CD and type "pveboot" at the splash screen... it loads up and boots.. and IPMI shows everyhing...
- Please correct me if i'm wrong.. But the "pveboot" command - don't it just load the kernel from the CD and then boot's from the HDD? That is what google is telling me...

Everything worked with Proxm 1.5 - the IPMI in the server and booting... After some further research on google.. and it seems like i'm not the only person in regards to ipmi goes black when the OS is trying to load...

I hope it's not all confusing what im trying to explain, and i hope some of you proxmox experts can help me out... With my boot problems.. as I think it's the underlying problem as to why the IPMI in my server is just showing a black screen..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!