Adding service to Web GUI

not currently, but what services do you need/want?

I want to add my own systemd services to start it by GUI.
Is there any diffrence what type of service I want to add?

Is there any diffrence what type of service I want to add?
no but i wonder about the use case, if it makes sense to have a list of user defined services you want to start via the gui

I found this thread in a google search. I would like to re-ask the question. My scenario is that we have services such as SNMPD.
Should that service fail, we have administrators who look after the vm's through the GUI that could simply restart the service.
For security reasons we'd rather not grant these VM Admins shell access to the system, just be able to restart services as needed.

Now that we are at version 7.3 are they options to do so?

no there's no configurable list of services for the gui, but feel free to open a feature request here: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com
there we can better discuss/keep track of that issue (though i am not really convinced that use-case is enough to introduce such a config)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!