Adding node to cluster doesn't work

CmasterG

Aug 27, 2018
Hi,
I have the following problem. I added a node to the cluster and it told me that it was successfully added and I see it in the web interface. The problem is, that it is marked with an X and whenever I want to access the shell of this node the message: Connection failed (Error 500: hostname lookup 'm3mca1703' failed - failed to get address info for: m3mca1703: Temporary failure in name resolution)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Hi!

Thanks that helped. Now I can open the shell from the other node, but when I want to access the Summary it says "Tls_process_server_certificate: certificate verify failed (596)" and the node is shown as offline.

Cheers

Seems a bit weird, all in all.... how exactly did you add the node? And are you sure both nodes where in good state when adding?

can you open the other (problematic) nodes webinterface just fine?

Yes I can open both web interfaces and on the web interface of node 1 I see node 2 as offline and in the web interface of node2 I see node 1 as offline.

I created a cluster at node 1 via
pvecm create testCluster

then I went to node 2 and typed:
pvecm add ip_of_node1

The output was..node successfully added

Cheers

I noticed that I don't have the certificate files on node 2, but when I execute
pvecm updatecerts -f
it tells me:
no quorum - unable to update files

Hmm, something is really off...

You can try if you can temporarily overwrite the quorum requirements with
Code:
pvecm expected 1

and the run
Code:
pvecm updatecerts -f
systemctl restart pveproxy pvedaemon

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!