Chadlee

Sep 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I had a power outage that caused me to re-image one of the two servers in my ProxMox cluster. After re-imaging I wasn't able to get the monitors or managers to come up. I ended up wiping the monitors/managers.

I now have a new Ceph cluster with new monitors/managers but no pool(s) and no OSD's. That said the osd disks were untouched in this process as they are on separate disks and still mount to /var/lib/ceph/osd.

Is there a way to add the OSD's to this new cluster and use the same pools so I can run the VM that was running on them.

Environment:
Proxmox 5.1
Ceph luminous

Hi,

Ceph needs min 3 nodes 2 are not enough.

You can add osd without problem to an existing cluster and pool.

Thanks Wolfgang. I am working on getting a third server very soon.

How would I add the rbd/osd's back?

If you lost all your monitor's it's not as straight forward as just adding the OSD's to a new CEPH Cluster as you will have a lost the key's and the metadata of which PG is where and so on.

Unless the data is 100% critical your best to start from fresh, even if you can get an extra server that just act's as a monitor and no OSD's at least protects you from a re-occurrence.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!