add more existing nodes to server

Bidi

Renowned Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hy guys, i hope i write clearly what i whant to ask :)

i got 12 servers with proxmox 3.4 and i`m tired all day writing passwords all the time when i whant to login to an server and the think is i whant to add all the servers to 1, to login just to 1 server and to have all the nodes there.

Is there a way to do this widouth to lose any data/servers from nodes ? Someone told me i had to to this when the servers was empty and not with existing containers.

If is posible can someone provide me an video tutorial ? or sompting the way i have to do it

Hi,
you can do this with existing Servers but you need to have individual IDs for your containers. If you don't have individual IDs you're out of luck.

Jonas

Hy, i got sompting like: S1 - Containers 100, 101, 102 on S2 the same so is not posible ?

In theory, as I have not tested this but if you adjusted the ids of the vms or containers so that no two are the same between any of the nodes I don't see why you couldn't then add them into one large cluster. This would allow you to login to one of the nodes and manage the rest.

I haven't yet tested this but I have manipulated the ids of vms with no ill effects but you have to. Take your time and do the adjustments methodically and while they are all offline/stopped.

Aha, nice, so the best way is to stop containers change ids :) thank you.

And any tutorial how to add nodes ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!