[SOLVED] ACME DNS challenge no plugins available

fuzzydunlop

Mar 26, 2021
I have a domain I already use for my personal website: example.tld

I would like to use LetsEncrypt to create some certificates for use on my internal network such as plex.internal.example.tlc

To start, I registered my LetsEncrypt account under the Certificates > ACME, however now when I click "Add" to add my domain and select "DNS" challenge type, the plugin dropdown contains no options. Do I have to manually install a plugin? The documentation makes it sound like this list should contain some options already.

1616738769763.png

Great you found the solution - Thanks for coming back to report it :)

Wildcard certs and a way to share them with the containers during start-up would be a really nice feature to have.
Provide a mount for it then have an optional way to trigger unmounting the cert once the service launches. This would help fix broken daemons like Mosquitto and Caddy that do not drop-root properly and still improve security for well-behaved daemons.
Obviously the five domain artificial limitation should be removed.

Reactions: knedle

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!