[SOLVED] 5.0 failure to create partitions

Probably a forum foul, but I'll piggy back on this thread with the same issue on the same drive (250G version).
I'm running on a Supermicro X11SSH-F MB and trying to install PVE on a 960 EVO Series M.2 (PCie) SSD MZ-V6E250BW).
Some side note information; I've successfully installed Ubuntu 16.04 server on this setup (EUFI mode of course) just to make sure the MB PCIe NVMe combination worked. It does.

The install log and terminal 2 (ctrl+alt+F2) screen are attached.
20170803_154253.jpeg 20170803_151613.jpeg

The install GUI is stuck, not frozen, at "Creating Partitions" with no progress. I can still abort.

I've seen in other threads where there was an issue with country code being read incorrectly and bugging out the installer. I don't see that here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170803_154253.jpeg
    20170803_154253.jpeg
    822.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
we recently got one of those for our testlab and can reproduce this issue, so hopefully we can find a fix soon.

we recently got one of those for our testlab and can reproduce this issue, so hopefully we can find a fix soon.

Awesome :) I had to made a workaround with ZFS and a SATA disk (zfs attach, zfs detach), which is not ideal. Hoping this will get resolved before 5.1

I have the same issue here on a Supermicro X11SSH-TF. Clean install on a NVMe and even on a "plain vanilla" Samsung 850 Pro (SATA) does not work.
Any workaround available yet?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!