[SOLVED] 450 4.7.25 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname,

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue im having. Currnelty have disabled smtp helo checks, and greylist disabled and SPF disabled also. but i keep getting the

Code:
450 4.7.25 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname,

any ideas?

Thank you

i find that sometimes postfix does not get restarted when changing things in the web-interface (the last thing i remember that failed to restart was when enabling/disabling SPF).

i usually resort to changing the smtp-banner as well, which
- seems to restart postfix
- allows me to do a simple check whether postfix was indeed restarted (if it shows the new banner, the restart was succesfull)

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue im having. Currnelty have disabled smtp helo checks, and greylist disabled and SPF disabled also. but i keep getting the

Code:
450 4.7.25 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname,

any ideas?

Thank you

Seems your public DNS entries are not set correctly?

Please check your settings on "Configuration/Mail Proxy/Options: Reject Unknown Clients / Senders"

Reactions: killmasta93

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!