2 Proxmox nodes with glusterfs (hyperconvergence)

yes, although I dont think gluster is built into the proxmox distro (mods- is this true?)

you'll just need to install the gluster stack and configure it per https://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Quick-Start-Guide/Quickstart/

you can then provision the volume(s) from the GUI or CLI. In either case (ovirt or proxmox) you need to be aware of the network traffic implications of doing this- make sure you have a separate, dedicated, fast network for storage cluster traffic or you'll not enjoy the results.

I'm testing it. glusterfs-server package must manually installed. KVM works, LXC is not supported yet?

Hello,
I have installed a glusterFS server on the Proxmox host, and gluster-client on all my nodes (LXC too).
I think if we can install a gluster-client on LXC, we can install the server too.
But you need to follow 2/3 modifications:
On the LXC, before boot gluster, you need to enter command :
"mknod /dev/fuse c 10 229"
(You can do-it on the /etc/rc.local file) and restart gluster after.

I don't test with glusterFS server, but it's work with the client.

Regards,
Stephane

Hello,
I have installed a glusterFS server on the Proxmox host, and gluster-client on all my nodes (LXC too).
I think if we can install a gluster-client on LXC, we can install the server too.
But you need to follow 2/3 modifications:
On the LXC, before boot gluster, you need to enter command :
"mknod /dev/fuse c 10 229"
(You can do-it on the /etc/rc.local file) and restart gluster after.

I don't test with glusterFS server, but it's work with the client.

Regards,
Stephane

That's a very bad idea, because FUSE is not compatible with the kernel's freezer mechanism. If you mount a FUSE fs inside the container lxc-freeze (which is used by both the snapshot and the suspend mode backups) will probably fail.

Thank for your advice, I didn't know.
I don't have problem because I don't use the freeze mechanism, but I will try to find a better solution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!