2 DataCenters in Proxmox

nexusguy59

Jan 6, 2014
Ohio
www.rpihobby.us
Hey Everyone,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. However I was wondering if it is possible to have or manage two datacenters in proxmox? The reason I ask is I have proxmox on a cluster of intel Servers and I also have proxmox on a cluster of Raspberry Pi 4's So I would like to have two datacenters so that my HA setup does not try to put Intel VMs on the PI cluster. Is this possible?

1634117428207.png

I hope it's obvious which is which Thank you guys.

Thank you for your time,
Michael

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. However I was wondering if it is possible to have or manage two datacenters in proxmox? The reason I ask is I have proxmox on a cluster of intel Servers and I also have proxmox on a cluster of Raspberry Pi 4's So I would like to have two datacenters so that my HA setup does not try to put Intel VMs on the PI cluster. Is this possible?

View attachment 30319

I hope it's obvious which is which Thank you guys.

Thank you for your time,
Michael

You can create ha-groups in which you can restrict those intel-vms only to be migrated to intel nodes.

• Create Group
  • Restrict and select all intel nodes
  • Enable HA for Ressource and use group

1634117608162.png

Last edited:
Reactions: nexusguy59
Excellent idea dang that didn't even occur to me, Thanks I will do that.

Michael

No problem! Please keep in my that when you have 6 nodes, you always need to have 4 up & online for corosync-quorum. Just for interest whats the usecase for the Raspberrys? Is there a reason why you did not create two seperate clusters? What storage are u using?

Be aware, that if you use the PIs for testing and break them, you may break the whole cluster. See warning above.

Cheers,
luphi

No problem! Please keep in my that when you have 6 nodes, you always need to have 4 up & online for corosync-quorum. Just for interest whats the usecase for the Raspberrys? Is there a reason why you did not create two seperate clusters? What storage are u using?
Well I am just testing to see what they can do as far as ARM images in Proxmox. Also I use the PIs mainly for kubernetes and docker swarm testing. The intels are nucs with 8 processors and 32 gb of ram. It's just a small environment. I unloaded all my expensive big servers. It has actually paid off.

Thanks again,
Michael

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!