1gbit to switch and 10gbit between 2 nodes

ressel

Mar 7, 2010
Hello,

I have to buildings here where I live, and in my main house I have 2 HPE microserver gen 10 running perfect with Proxmox 6, and in my second house in my rack I got 2 HP Gen 8 DL360E servers.
atm. I got 1 gbit uplink between main house and second house and it's running in same network as main house, same vlan's and subnet.

in my main house my 2 x HPE micro servers run a opnsense firewall, both microservers got 2x 1gbit uplink to my main US-24 Ubiquiti switch.
network port 1 is set to vmbr0 and network port 2 is vmbr1, vmbr0 is LAN (with all vlans and untagged traffic is my opnsense default management network), my proxmox servers runs on vlan 50 tagged, vmbr1 is used for WAN network and connected opnsense

I have installed a dual port 10gbit sfp+ network card in both hp micro servers and would like to have transfer speed with up 10gbit between these 2 servers.
I have put a DAC cable between both microservers and can see I get 10gbit link.
I have a fiber cable running to my second house, so i'm planning on using second port in NIC to setup 10gbit to second house also.

Any idea's how I can do this and ensure I don't get a network loop?
I have looked very little into OVS, i think I would need to setup something like this:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Open_v...RSTP.29_-_1Gbps_uplink.2C_10Gbps_interconnect

This i my current config for one if my micro servers, and it's same setup for other microserver exept other ip.
Code:
# network interface settings; autogenerated
# Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what
# you're doing.
#
# If you want to manage parts of the network configuration manually,
# please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do
# so.
# PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT read its network
# configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of
# the PVE managed interfaces into external files!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp2s0f0 inet manual

iface enp2s0f1 inet manual

iface ens1f0 inet manual

iface ens1f1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
        bridge-ports enp2s0f0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094
#LAN

auto vmbr0.50
iface vmbr0.50 inet static
        address 10.255.50.6/24
        gateway 10.255.50.1
        Network 24
#PROXMOX SERVERS

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
        bridge-ports enp2s0f1
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094
#WAN

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!