A second option I just thought of - I licence one server, and not the other (and no, I am not going to cheat the repos or whatever hacks people do)
It doesn't help if you only have one server with multiple CPUs and wanted to help a little.
It's all slightly nonsensical...... hey ho.
You have totally misconstrued the conversation.
I really think you should go back and read *very carefully* what I - as original poster - have said.
Note I'm also a board member of a not for profit building an open source small linux server where I do most of my open source stuff, and we rely...
Though mine were second hand they were pretty new when I bought them, and not exactly cheap either!! They weren't out of a data centre!
But I do concur on the some of the reasons behind reducing CPU count in general.
In my (particular) circumstance a measure of CPU grunt - say BogoMIPS or somesuch - rather than pure CPUs would have helped.
Both my unlicensed servers are less powerful, and do less, than my licensed one, but would require paying twice as much.....
That's the situation I was trying to think...
It effectively already is! If you have a subscription it goes.
I think it was introduced around 3.1 - remember the debate about it around then. e.g.
Nope, I have not disabled it on my boxes. I am not...
Yes, please note I am in no way trying to criticise a great product. Prox is fab.
But I do think they may be missing a sales trick here.
The sales staircase can have a huge leap to the first step which can be a barrier for entry to a lot of small users - be that home users or SMEs.
Not sure where else to post this so thought I'd post it here for whoever it may concern.
Having had one licensed Prox server for some while - thank you - I decided I had finally enough regular $$ to pay for a license on two other units I run. I really wanted to make a "donation to the cause"...
So I had issues with my shiny new 1Gb fibre from Movistar.
Router happily connects to the interwebs but I needed to bridge it back to my Endian box.
That required a PPPoE connection.
If I ran iperf3 round the network everything appeared as expected at around 1Gb, but anything going in or out...
It was indeed!!!! I was getting number blind...
Well, it sets the route, but it still won't bloody work. Grrrrrr!
I must be missing a trick somewhere.
Ahhh - sussed it. Route was still not quite right
This did it:
route add -net 10.90.114.192/26 gw 10.90.44.1 dev eno2
(other IP is on...
Thanks for responding.
Hmm. Less than happy but no idea why
One end is seemingly OK but the other not. Any suggestions appreciated:
Box 1 - Settings from provider
MAC address 20:47:47:8f:70:00
network mask 255.255.255.192
IPv6 SLAAC Unavailable
Had a look around here but still not sure of the answer - keep getting stuck :-(
Using Prox 6.
I have a 'real' server with an online provider which has an 'external' interface plus an 'internal' one so I can theoretically connect to another server I have in their space.
I can happily set the...
Well, to follow up, all good.
Created a 750G qcow2 file
Ran with gparted and both partitions and copied the partitions over with sfdisk eg
sfdisk -d /dev/vda > sfdisk_vda.output
sfdisk /dev/vdb < sfdisk_vda.output
So I now have the right partitions.
Ran clonezilla and very gingerly copied...
Mate just had an idea.
Create new HD at size required.
Boot vm with clonezilla (or live disk with say dd)
Clone old partitions (not entire drive) to new drive.
Reboot with new drive to check it is ok. Should now be my new 750Gb drive with 500Gb data and space to resize the partition.
Damn. I don't have enough disk space to do that. No, I've not changed anything, but as per my test when converting to raw it will create an image of the New disk size. So.
Qcow2 = 700Gb
Convert to raw = 1342Gb
Resize down to 750Gb
Convert to qcow = 500Gb (current vm data size)
Yes, but I am not sure that is the case here.
I need to shrink the size of the disk the OS *thinks* it has.
Yes, I am sure it has some overhead - hence the OS has a drive of about 488Gb and the qcow2 file is about 700Gb
The problem is the VM now thinks it has a 1342Gb disk with a load of free...
Except damn - it doesn't loo like you can
qm resize <vmid> <disk> <size> [OPTIONS]
The disk you want to resize.
The new size. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. Shrinking disk...
Whist playing about I did set the config directly to 750G
VMID NAME STATUS MEM(MB) BOOTDISK(GB) PID
100 Home running 8192 750.00 1270
So qm thinks it is 750, but the OS and gparted can see 1342.
I needed to resize the disk in a VM.
I went to resize and mistakenly entered the required size, and not the increase in size. Doh.... it's way to easy to do that.... :-(
The original was about 450gb and I added 750Gb by mistake - I actually wanted it to be 750Gb but the OS now can see 1342Gb ...
Use FW1010.2012_0530.49.iso and use the USB utility in the ISO to make a...