today i installed updates, and i guess that libz.so.1 caused trouble again:
libxcomp3:amd64 (2:18.104.22.168-3+deb10u2) wird eingerichtet ...
pve-kernel-helper (6.0-8) wird eingerichtet ...
tzdata (2019c-0+deb10u1) wird eingerichtet ...
Current default time zone: 'Europe/Berlin'
Local time is now...
I checked via lsof:
root@server:~# lsof /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
sshd 1963 root mem REG 8,17 113264 2885827 /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1
sshd 19223 root mem REG 8,17 113264 2885827...
i updated proxmox from 5 to 6 last week and after some issues it works now very well.
unfortunately a small issue is left: the file /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1 is an old version (this caused some troubles during installation already). when i remove that file, everything works smooth, but after...
i am backing up my VMs, that must be enough, because i am not able to backup my single system except a file backup. but i will enhance my existing backups by this important files that i detected now. is that filesystem /etc/pve completely contained in the config.db?
ok, /etc/pve is an own filesystem - i guess this is my problem. removed the folder, rebooted, and the webgui is back again. only my configuration is gone. any chance to get that back? my VM-files are still there....
journalctl -b errors i think of being related to this issue:
Sep 05 17:29:52 server systemd: Failed to start Cgroup management daemon.
Sep 05 17:30:00 server systemd: Starting Proxmox VE replication runner...
Sep 05 17:30:00 server pvesr: ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection...
pve-cluster does not start:
root@server:/etc/apt# journalctl -xe
-- An ExecStart= process belonging to unit pve-cluster.service has exited.
-- The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 255.
Sep 05 17:45:45 server systemd: pve-cluster.service: Failed with result...
i upgraded my proxmox installation. due to some local issues the installation was interrupted and i had to continue later on by dpkg --configure -a and apt fullupgrade.
however, everything seems up to date, but proxmox is not working.
pveproxy is running, but i am not able to reach the gui...
hab seit ein paar tagen das problem, das ich kein upgrade mehr machen kann:
user@pveserver:~# sudo apt upgrade
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Paketaktualisierung (Upgrade) wird berechnet...
just to close this thread: After a nearly complete new configuration and handling some further configs on my routers in front of the chain the issue is solved. I have the feeling that not pfsense or proxmox was root cause of this issue, but a router beforehead.
thanks a lot for all the hints...