Alwin, I did create new container just now, step by step.
Weirdly, now it worked correctly. I did make the containers that had problem a while ago, not with this particular version. Maybe it is fixed in meantime. I'm not sure what happened, it was not a 1 time thing...
ct id 106...
Yeah I use 'Use host settings' on container creation. The host/hypervisor settings (searchdomain and dnsserver ips) are correctly set but like I said, in containers vmid.conf and as a result inside container the resolv.conf information is not set correctly.
I'm quite sure it is not correctly...
Yes.. that *is* the bug ... ;-)
I did not do that manually... It is written wrong in the LXC vmid.conf when the container is created from webgui.
Instead of searchdomain it takes the IP of first dns-server, the ip of first dns server is the 2nd ip.. so everything seems moved 'up' 1 line.
It seems like i'm getting some kind of buggy behaviour inside debian9 container.
resolv.conf gets rewritten with wrong info, the searchdomain contains first dns-server instead of the actual search-domain :
root@debian1:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# --- BEGIN PVE ---
I am exactly running into the same issue. I do however see ARP and broadcast traffic coming through, but it looks like the 'promisc' part is being dropped before forwarding it to the container.