Installing from USB Drive issues

crittersmagic

Mar 20, 2014
Hello all,I work at a data center and would like to get the 3 current versions of ProxMox to install off of a usb thumb drive. It is hard to say WHAT program i use to load all my ISO's with, not sure if it is fira disk or grub4dos but it all comes from easy2boot. I have found some threads here where they got it to work, not sure HOW tho. So i am asking here if anyone might be able to help me so that i can get this to workThe USB Drive boots, but after some time I get a boot screen with:...testing cdrom /dev/sr0mount: mounting /dev/sr0 on /mnt failed: Invalid argumentumont: can't umount /mnt: Invalid argument....This message is repeated a few times and ends with no cdrom found - unable to continue (type exit ot CTRL-D to reboot)Thanks for the help,

Last edited:
Hi
If using Easy2Boot, just copy the ISO file to \_ISO\MAINMENU folder and boot it.

It will fail to boot so press ESC or F2 and you will see the command prompt.
Type
fdisk -l
and look for the sdx4 partition (the ISO will be mapped to sdx4 by E2B) - let's assume it is at sdb4
type
mount /dev/sdb4 /mnt
chroot /mnt sbin/unconfigured.sh
and wait until you see the user agreement

HTH
Steve

Thank you SteveSi,

I have already found this info and it DOES work. This will have to be the way to do it till peeps get it figured out how to install like a normal iso.

Now my instructions are a little bit different then yours. But it all works out.

PLUS i goofed and put it in here cause it was supposed to have been for the new versions. 2.3, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2

But Thanks for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!