Survey: Do you use KVM or OpenVZ, or both?

Do you use KVM, OpenVZ, or both?

• KVM

Votes: 181 40.0%
  • OpenVZ

Votes: 51 11.3%
  • Both

Votes: 221 48.8%

• Total voters

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
Hi all!

Proxmox VE uses two different technologies for virtualization - KVM and OpenVZ.

What do you use? Please let us know!

Hi Martin,

KVM Only, with iSCSI + LVM. Online migration and live backup needed.

Christophe.

I use both KVM and OpenVZ. I use OpenVZ for uncomplicated Linux guests, I have one linux KVM guest, our VPN server, but that is because I ported it from VMware. I plan to use KVM for all the Windows guests. I like having the choice between full virtual machine virtualization and shared kernel virtualization.

KVM Only, with iSCSI + LVM. Online migration and live backup needed.

Both.

Or rather.. KVM only where absolutely necessary. (windows servers or vyatta routers)

Openvz is lightweight... And very fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KVM only. Mixture of local (for performance) and iSCSI LVM (for online migration).

I use best from both. Everything i can do with openvz, i will. If i didnt can use openvz i use kvm. Have 10 openvz and 5 kvm. Runs like a horse.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!