Cosmetic Wish list / improvements

vcp_ai

Renowned Member
Jul 28, 2010
Valencia -Spain-
I can not see a better place to ask for some 'cosmetic' improvements , so here are some of them, for your iddle ;) time:

Task viewer window: add timestamp to every line. That would help in diagnostic problem (backup)
DataCenter > Storage: add a column for Max_Files. That would help, when sorting by Storage to check this value.
DataCenter > Backup: same as before.
DataCenter - Storage Tree List- Storages Resume : same as before, remove Memory Usage, Uptime , CPU load columns (I do not know if any of them are of use for LVM storage, as I do not use LVM)
Storage > Summary: could a graph for I/O (In/Out) throuput be added ?
Virtual Machine > Summary: add units to Disk IO and Network Traffic vertical axis graphs

Regards.

Added two images
red for stopped kvm
green for started kvm

you can overwrite the ones you find on
/usr/share/pve-manager/images

with the same name...

But when you update they will be overwritten...
Diaolin

Attachments

• computer.png
    computer.png
    582 bytes · Views: 105
  • computer-on.png
    computer-on.png
    596 bytes · Views: 100
I must also admit that I just can't get my brain to work with current KVM icons. A black screen is much stronger associated to a stopped machine than to a running one.
Attached are my proposals for replacement icons.

Of course colors are eventually a matter of taste but I think that the UI user experience would be a bit more consistent if icons for stopped kvm machines would be decorated with shades of gray and for running machines with hint of green respectively. (And besides icons for running cluster nodes are already in green.)

Just my few cents..

Attachments

• computer.png
    computer.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 67
  • computer-on.png
    computer-on.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 69
I would like to see a 'Notes' part to each window.

It'd be good to put information about nodes and storage as we can at Summary for open-vz and kvm .

Last edited:
I think using /etc/motd.tail would be good for Proxmox Host summary notes. That way you'd see the same information on pve screen and cli.

I'd like to upload big ISO file even from http and ftp links, because I have a very slow adsl and to upload 200 MB iso file and it takes 106 minutes. My proxmox server has 100 MBPS backbone connection and it could be download these files in very few seconds ...

proxmox iso upload.png

You could simply diy:

Connect to your server via ssh and cd to your iso-directory (eg. /var/lib/vz/template/iso/). There you can simply download iso-files with
Code:
wget http://abc.de/efgh.iso

Added two images
red for stopped kvm
green for started kvm

Those are so much easier to spot the difference than the existing ones. I'm adding my support for something like this to happen too. Perhaps not red and green though (that's the most common type of colour blindness isn't it?)... A big red "X" on the ones not running maybe?

You could simply diy

You can DIY an entire KVM+OpenVZ server too... But the Proxmox web interface makes things so much simpler.
It's not exactly hard to use wget, but it would be much cleaner not to have to SSH in.

Another improvement:

I'd like to see PPPoE enabled in a container because Telecom Italia gives until to 5 pubblic ip address with a residential account. In this moment I have to use a Virtual Machine with pfsense for establishing multiple wan pppoe connections and I don't like it very much (this is a waste of cpu cycles...)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!