Home assistance vm

Bigbucz

Dec 8, 2022
I'm trying to add home assistance to a VM ran the command to install from the shell However, I get a message saying 400 too many arguments. Can someone please shed some light on how to resolve this issue

For a ready to use Home Assistant VM you can download the qcow2 image from there: https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/linux
Then unzip it (for example with 7-zip), upload that qcow2 file somewhere to your server (for example with WinSCP). Then create a new VM with OVMF selected as BIOS, without any disks except for a EFI disk. Then you can add the downloaded qcow2 disk image to that VM by running qm importdisk <YourVMID> /path/to/the/qcow2.file <TargetStorageID> --format qcow2. Did that some weeks ago and worked perfectly fine.

Last edited:
I'm trying to add home assistance to a VM ran the command to install from the shell However, I get a message saying 400 too many arguments. Can someone please shed some light on how to resolve this issue

You never told us what you exactly did that failed with a "400 too many arguments".

I was running a prompt to install VM home assistance......I re ssh the file and was able too get it to download unfortunately after DL ran into a new problem with the installation in console

It looks like you may have entered too many arguments in your command. Try checking the documentation for the correct syntax and make sure you are only entering the required arguments. You can also try running the command with the -h or --help flag to see a list of available options and arguments.

If you are still having issues, you can try breaking up the command into multiple smaller commands and run them in sequence.

Additionally, if you provide more details about the specific command you are trying to run and the error message you are receiving, the community may be able to offer more specific troubleshooting steps.

Hello I am new at Proxmox and at Home Assistant. On two Machines I could Install Home Assistant but now after installing there is an Error at line 431 see below.
Using Disk Cache: Default
Using Hostname: haos10.5
Using CPU Model: Default
Allocated Cores: 2
Allocated RAM: 4096
Using Bridge: vmbr0
Using MAC Address: 02:4F:DE:21:DC:5A
Using VLAN: Default
Using Interface MTU Size: Default
Start VM when completed: yes
Creating a HAOS VM using the above default settings
✓ Using local-lvm for Storage Location.
✓ Virtual Machine ID is 100.
https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/10.5/haos_ova-10.5.qcow2.xz
✓ Downloaded haos_ova-10.5.qcow2.xz
✓ Extracted KVM Disk Image
✓ Created HAOS VM (haos10.5)
✓ Started Home Assistant OS VM
✓ Completed Successfully!
^C
bash: -c: option requires an argument

[ERROR] in line 431: exit code 2: while executing command bash -c

root@pve:~#
What can i Try now?

bye Franz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!