Readonly Filesystem on Proxmox 7.2-7

nexusguy59

Jan 6, 2014
Ohio
www.rpihobby.us
Hey Guys,

I apologize if there is a resolution for this, however I have noticed recently on 2 of my Proxmox Nodes that the VMs all of the sudden have readonly fiesystems and I have no clue why the were working fine until the last couple of days. There have been no updates as far as I can tell.

This is an example of what I mean I know this is unsafe but I was trying to prove a point to myself.
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Sep 2 09:31 rancher

sudo docker run -e CATTLE_AGENT_IP="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" --rm --privileged -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /var/lib/rancher:/var/lib/rancher rancher/agent:v1.2.11 http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/v1/scri...561:1640908800000:qobhMXK6fTF6OYT2LnFs8PNKb3Y
docker: Error response from daemon: error while creating mount source path '/var/lib/rancher': mkdir /var/lib/rancher: read-only file system.

I am not uderstanding what's going on here. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
I think you are confusing folder permissions with the mount options for the filesystem.

Can you check/post what mount says?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!