Installation failed

rabeo75

May 2, 2022
have a problem with installation proxmox software
He show me an error

command unsquashfs -f -dest /target -i /cdrom/pve-base.squashfs failed with exit code 1 at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 466

Anybody can help me because i dont have idea where is the problem

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 23
On a hunch - how much memory/RAM does the machine have? (the squashfs is extracted to memory).

It has 16 GB of RAM
But, I have re-launched the installation from a bootable USB and I was able to install it
Thanks for your support

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Hey i got the same problem but im booting from an usb and tried also diffrent proxmox install iso´s, could u please help me.

I have this exact error while trying with 8.0.2. I however tried installing with 7.4 and it worked. So I flashed my USB again with 8.0.2 and I got this same error again. I have 8 GB RAM.

I've dried with a different USB stick and it worked (before I was using an SD with USB adapter)
Had the same issue Might be something specific with SD I put my ISO on a MicroSD using balenaEtcher. Only difference is the SD port was build into the computer wether or not it uses a USB or PCIE interface is unknown. I hope this gets fixed ill get back to you If using a standard USB drive resolves the issue

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!