Proxmox HA (Different Locations)

YaseenKamala

Feb 2, 2021
Paris
Hello all,

I am thinking of HA within two different locations, I read some discussions on the forum, this is clear the nodes should communicate with each other, a very good connection, etc. are needed. some said is not HA it's HF High Failure :) or not recommended.

If this is not recommended and every one can't have a very good connection / speed. what is the solution then?
Does this mean that cluster nodes must be in the same Datacenter, is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks,
KAMALA

Last edited:
Hi all,
Hope you all had a great week end :)
Anyone can help me please, I would like to have a secondary server for one of my single PVE node which has a 2TB VM running on it, which will allow me to run or migrate the VM on that sever if the if the main server fails.
For more I already have a backup of my VMs on local:
I though of having a standby secondary sever to recover my VM to that sever if the main faille but the problem is the time, I need 8H to recover the VM.
Do you have any other Idea of doing that?

Thanks for your support and help as usual.

in fact I would love to have HA in different locations / locally but I can't due to budget limitation because we need to have at least 3 servers, all with the same configuration.

however it would be great to reduce the down time. if possible !

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!