Unable to login via GUI after power outage?

KingTChoka

Sep 4, 2021
Just had a power outage on my server, and now I can't login via the GUI after machine reboot.

I keep getting the `Login failed. Please try again` message. I've tried both `Linux PAM standard authentication` and `Proxmox VE authentication server` login methods.

I can still login via SSH though.

Any thoughts or pointers (using Proxmox v 7.1)? Thanks!

UPDATE: I am able to login if I connect to the GUI from inside one of the VM, but still cannot login from the GUI on my laptop.

Last edited:
Hello,

Please do and provide the following:

- SSH into your PVE server and run `journalctl -f`
- Try log in to your PVE server after (Login failed), stop the journal command Ctrl+C then provide us the output between ([CODE][/CODE])

Update: SOLVED

Background: My datacenter has 2 physical proxmox has 2 nodes. One of the nodes (NOT the one I was trying to login to) had no ethernet connection. After resolving the second node's ethernet connection, the first node can now login.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!