Recovery after ZFS Failure

Pragma808

Nov 19, 2018
My system recently had a ZFS pool failure, and while I (mostly) have backups of the data on it, I don't know how to de-couple it from PVE so that I can vzdump VMs that live on another disk.

When I boot the system, it goes into emergency console, but is not able to fully boot the system. When I attempt a vzdump, it either fails due to IOMMU being disabled (was used with GPU passthrough), or yields the following error:
Code:
ERROR: Backup of VM 501 failed - org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Any tips on getting the system operational (albeit without the ZFS pool) so I may vzdump my VMs before rebuilding?

Here's a pic of the error. Pardon the photo of a monitor. I don't have remote access given ssh not running, so this will have to do for now.

EHReg64.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!