WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!

nampv

Oct 8, 2019
I installed the latest version of PMG from the homepage, but I can't update ClamAV. Update log

Task viewer: ClamAV update

OutputStatus

Stop
ClamAV update process started at Fri Sep 3 16:44:27 2021
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.3
DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
daily database available for update (local version: 26231, remote version: 26283)
ERROR: cdiff_apply: lseek(desc, -350, SEEK_END) failed
ERROR: downloadPatch: Can't apply patch
WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download daily.cvd
WARNING: Can't download daily.cvd from https://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd
WARNING: FreshClam received error code 429 from the ClamAV Content Delivery Network (CDN).
This means that you have been rate limited by the CDN.
1. Run FreshClam no more than once an hour to check for updates.
FreshClam should check DNS first to see if an update is needed.
2. If you have more than 10 hosts on your network attempting to download,
it is recommended that you set up a private mirror on your network using
cvdupdate (https://pypi.org/project/cvdupdate/) to save bandwidth on the
CDN and your own network.
3. Please do not open a ticket asking for an exemption from the rate limit,
it will not be granted.
WARNING: You are on cool-down until after: 2021-09-04 02:19:14
main.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 61, sigs: 6607162, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
bytecode.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)
TASK OK

Try setting 'Incremental Download' to yes in GUI->Administration->Virus Detector->ClamAV
and run the task again

I hope this helps!

please post your /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf

and try restarting clamav-freshclam
-etc/clamav/freshclam.conf

DatabaseOwner clamav
LogVerbose false
LogSyslog true
LogFacility LOG_LOCAL6
LogFileMaxSize 0
Foreground false
Debug false
MaxAttempts 5
Checks 24
DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamav/
PidFile /var/run/clamav/freshclam.pid
DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net
ConnectTimeout 30
ScriptedUpdates true
CompressLocalDatabase no
NotifyClamd /etc/clamav/clamd.conf
Bytecode true
DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net

hello,
I had the same issue few days ago with a fresh install.
I change my public IP and it solve the issue.
it's like my previous IP was blacklisted due to several attempt before I add my subscription key.

after the IP change, I was able to get the updates,
Then I put my initial IP back and since, every is working as a charm ...

Do you have several public IP addresses ?

Same issue here. Should we just update ClamAV manually? we are using no-subscription repository.

Code:
Sep 04 22:35:05 freshclam[1709]: ClamAV update process started at Sat Sep  4 22:35:05 2021
Sep 04 22:35:05 freshclam[1709]: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
Sep 04 22:35:05 freshclam[1709]: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.3
Sep 04 22:35:05 freshclam[1709]: DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav

We have Incremental download enabled but it does not help.
1630788152419.png

No updates available
1630788185319.png

1630788231029.png

Last edited:
Same issue here. Should we just update ClamAV manually? we are using no-subscription repository.
That's not the direct issue of this thread - here the signatures (daily.cvd and main.cvd) could not be updated.

Regarding the unfortunate log-messages used by clamav - see:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/clamav-update-problem.53965/

(PMG uses clamav from debian upstream - once they have an updated version - you will get it via regular update)

I would suggest _not_ installing clamav from source

That's not the direct issue of this thread - here the signatures (daily.cvd and main.cvd) could not be updated.

Regarding the unfortunate log-messages used by clamav - see:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/clamav-update-problem.53965/

(PMG uses clamav from debian upstream - once they have an updated version - you will get it via regular update)

I would suggest _not_ installing clamav from source
@Stoiko Ivanov thank you. Will wait for update no worries.

FYI, you can get clamav 0.103.3 from debian official repo. Run updates from PMG UI should get it.

Reactions: tom
FYI, you can get clamav 0.103.3 from debian official repo. Run updates from PMG UI should get it.
Yes that's right I just have updated no issue with that as I have templates setup ever change still applied. I hope this version fixes the issues we had with some messages not processing properly error Out: 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error.
clamav.png

We have plenty of resources on our servers so this should not be a problem. Also I see no reason why should a message even if it's big be processed for more then a few seconds. If it takes more then 10 seconds there is something wrong with the way the processing works or with some rule or something. Just increasing the timeout for processing seems stupid and will not solve the underlying issue/the real problem (why it takes so long to process a message...).
Will do some modifications to our settings or clamav if I see any issue also on new version.

some messages not processing properly error Out: 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error.
quite unrelated to the initial thread topic - if you like please provide the logs (journal from +/- 10 minutes around the time when this mail arrived) for this mail in a new thread.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!