ceph: vm with one copy only?

benoitc

Dec 21, 2019
I was reading the redhat papr about deploying mysql on ceph:
https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/mysql-databases-ceph-storage-reference-architecture

When MySQL replication is used in conjunction with Ceph RBD volumes instead, only the leader would have a full copy of the dataset, and the followers would operate on a thin-provisioned clone of the leader’s dataset. Furthermore, while the leader’s dataset would be fully replicated to all storage nodes, the follower clones would have only one copy

How can we do the same with proxmox. Is there a way to create a vm with only one copy? should I create a specific pool for it?

Last edited:
sorry i only wanted to distinct it dorm a bug report. O shoylf have posted the first one on the bug tracker.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!