Unable to get data for Cluster Node 0

sangers

Jul 7, 2008
After a reboot, I get a red message flashing "Unable to get data for Cluster Node 0"

What I did is apt-get update && apt-get upgrade and maybe some more package install like mc and basic tools

Any suggestions

Thanks

I guess you installed the openssl, ssh update?

Those updates changes the sshd server keys. If so, you need to delete the cluster config (/etc/pve/cluster.conf) and create a new cluster (pveca).

- Dietmar

I did remove /etc/pve/cluster.cfg

I did run pveca -c and now the cluster is showing but I still do not see my virtual machines.

stiill get this message "Unable to load local cluster table"

also prior to that I had to modify /etc/network/interfaces to change eth0 by eth1 because network was not working - now network works

Any more suggestion?

Thanks

I did remove /etc/pve/cluster.cfg

I did run pveca -c and now the cluster is showing but I still do not see my virtual machines.

stiill get this message "Unable to load local cluster table"

also prior to that I had to modify /etc/network/interfaces to change eth0 by eth1 because network was not working - now network works

Any more suggestion?

Thanks

try remove the cluster config from both hosts (master and node):

Code:
rm etc/pve/cluster.conf

then create a master:
Code:
pveca -c
then join the node.

this does not work?

none of my kvm and openvz machine want to start even after a reboot, I would like to troubleshoot a bit more as I like it really much! but I did not found yet where you store everything in place
Where are the configuration files of my VM located? not sure where to look at how does it happen at boot time? which is the one qemu-server configuration file?
How could I test kvm list? - whitch test command would I use just to do that!

Why did I went and install what I thought would give me enough desktop capacity righ at the console to take over one of the vm in the cluster in fulsscreen via vnc/remote desktop/nx/freenx?

I should have mess with it!
Having two machine at home, I want to test this

Now I am thinking about put back the cdrom in it

Thanks you for your time and courtoisie!
I really thing this will be a big need solution soon

proxmox:~# vzlist
Unable to open /proc/vz/veinfo
Unable to open /proc/user_beancounters

here is aomw output

proxmox:/boot# ls -als
total 19056
1 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 1024 Jul 9 17:58 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Jul 9 17:58 ..
1194 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1215497 Apr 1 04:58 System.map
957 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 974070 Jun 6 03:20 System.map-2.6.18-6-amd64
1 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 512 Jul 7 22:58 boot.0800
65 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64816 Jun 6 01:19 config-2.6.18-6-amd64
5444 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5550319 Jul 9 17:58 initrd.img-2.6.18-6-amd64
12 drwx------ 2 root root 12288 Jul 7 22:54 lost+found
84 -rw------- 1 root root 84480 Jul 9 17:58 map
7498 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7645673 Apr 2 03:51 proxmox_initrd.img
588 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 597126 Apr 2 03:51 proxmox_splash.dat
1724 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1756920 Apr 1 04:58 vmlinux-2.6.24
1484 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1512362 Jun 6 03:20 vmlinuz-2.6.18-6-amd64

This can also happen if you have a hot-pluggable device defined in one of your CT's* which isn't attached.
For example: I have a USB printer which i always turn off after printing (my energy bill is already high enough :rolleyes:). Udev(?) will then destroy the device (/dev/usb/lp0 in my case) and running #vzlist will throw an error complaining about a non-existed device node which leads to the mentioned error/red alert on the webinterface.
This will probably happen for all hot-pluggable devices which aren't attached but defined in your CT.

This problem can be probably be solved by:

- fixing vzlist (to not output the error or redirect to syslog)
- let the responsable proxmox script check for these errors (and ignore them)
- create the devices dynamically in the CT's

For now i'm checking out the last option and are looking for a way to dynamically run the "vzctl set &VEID --devnode ....." command upon device creation (and "vzctl unset ..." upon device removal). I think this can be handled by writing some custom udev rules.. I'll have to dive into the udev documentation for that....so will be continued.

Regards,
Joost

*by setting DEVNODES= in your CT config or set by the "#vzctl set --devnodes $yourdevice" command

Alright for auto-setting a devnode in a CT i only had to create a udev-rule like this:

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", KERNEL=="lp0", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/usr/sbin/vzctl set $VEID --devnodes usb/lp0:rw"
This is for 'on-the-fly' creation of my printer (/dev/lp0) in a CT.

I put the rule in a new file 91-custom-rules and placed it in /etc/udev/rules.d/. A rule for unsetting the device is not nessecary as vz will detect this automatically (vzctl doesn't even have an "unset" option).
Of course you can do this for all sorts of devices (here's some good reading) and the rules can be a whole lot fancier, but this does the job for me ;)

Joost

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!