SFP+ network card

saulllynasp

Sep 18, 2020
Hello,

I bought Edimax SFP+ network card and inserted into PCIe x4 slot and now I have 3 network cards installed (2x1Gbps and 1xSFP+). Unfortunately proxmox didn't detected it automatically and in proxmox GUI I can only see 1Gbps cards.
Using the command (lspci -k | sed -n '/Ethernet/,/driver in use/p') I get:
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Kernel driver in use: e1000e
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Tehuti Networks Ltd. TN9310 10GbE SFP+ Ethernet Adapter
Subsystem: Edimax Computer Co. EN-8102PF 10GbE SPF+ Ethernet Adapter
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Kernel driver in use: r8169
So, it is visible by the system. But how should I configure it in order to use?

Thanks!

Hey, thanks. I don't have an experience compiling drivers.. And yes, using Intel everything works.
Thank You!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!