Can I get error Email notifications?

el_pedr0

Aug 5, 2016
Hi,

Is there a way to get Proxmox to send an email when it encounters an error?

For example, one of my containers refused to start recently (it had run out of disk space). In the task list of the proxmox GUI, the task to start the container was highlighted in red and had an error description in the Status column.

Is there a way to configure proxmox to send root (or other address) an email to alert me of such errors?

Thanks.

Just a bit more info on this in case it highlights a problem in my configuration. I have set up an automatic zfs scrub with zfs-zed and succesfully get emails when it does its thing. So it's not email per se that's the problem. It's just that I'd also like to receive emails when Proxmox encounters an error as indicated by those red lines in the task list in the GUI.

I'd be grateful for your advice.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!