[SOLVED] Proxmoxer proxmox_kvm ignore urllib3 self-signed cert error?

jdancer

May 26, 2019
I forgot the command-line kung-fu to tell urllib3 to ignore the self-signed certs on the Proxmox hosts. I have the same error as this post https://learn.redhat.com/t5/Automation-Management-Ansible/Ansible-proxmox-kvm-module/td-p/3935

Anyone remember the command-line or environment variable to tell urllib3 to ignore self-signed cert? The error is

"msg": "authorization on proxmox cluster failed with exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.0.11', port=8006):
Max retries exceeded with url: /api2/json/access/ticket (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f0847f2f650>:
Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'

Thanks for the replies!

This is fixed.

Was several issues.

First was updating Ansible to latest version to use the Proxmoxer pip module to support the Proxmox 6.x APIs to create VMs.

Second was that the behavior of the "connection: local" being used playbook-wide has changed since Ansible 2.8.5. I add to add "connection: local" to each proxmox_kvm task in the playbook.

Go figure. <sigh>

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!