Failed to boot proxmox-ve_6.2-1.iso SHA256 d8...b8bff

Ansy

Dec 20, 2018
May be something wrong with the last ISO image

d8fb3cfba19d38aa0c05452a954150f96e3ee455a36d52427aa26e6906fb8bff proxmox-ve_6.2-1.iso

It was succesfully downloaded on my Zalman ZM-VE300 USB-HDD, as usual, into _ISO directory. File itself is reading OK, SHA256 checksum is OK too.
But I can't neither to boot from this image, nor to browse its ISO-content any way than archive only.

I think most of users write boot images to USB flash drive now, so they don't see any problem because of another boot procedure comparing to native boot CD/DVD ISOs, but previous image proxmox-ve_6.1-2.iso reads and boots OK has been written in the same directory of my wonderful virtual-ISOs device.

Please check burned-in DVD booting and installation procedure. Sometimes it's too difficult to find appropriate flash drive and flashing software around, so boot DVD is the only case available.

Hi,
I think most of users write boot images to USB flash drive now,
Proxmox VE iso is not made for USB flash drives.
Proxmox VE does a lot of logging so a USB flash drive will break very soon.

Proxmox VE iso is not made for USB flash drives.
Proxmox VE does a lot of logging so a USB flash drive will break very soon.
I mean ISO boot images for installing Proxmox VE only, not for everyday running from.

If you can, please burn in the last ISO image to real blank shining round DVD plate and try to boot from it.

Sorry, I have no working CD/DVD drive now to test. But USB-DVD emulation on my Zalman ZM-VE300 USB-HDD fails to boot only this ISO image, not previous.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!