Proxmox 6.1 release fat bug with LVM?

masterbo

Mar 25, 2020
* New installation on the server, on the first disk. No problem. Reboot. Connecting to WebGUI - OK.
* Also, i am connect via ssh, from the remaining disks I create Soft RAID 6( don't ask why, it just happened))) ). The result is a raid disk of more than 4 Tb (/dev/md0).
* Next. I make :
pvcreate /dev/md0
vgcreate -s 2tb VG1 /dev/md0

OK. No problem

* Further. I connect to WebGUI, and add a new VM. In VM created a 32GB disk on LVM storage(VG1) . OK

* But, now I'm in an ssh session, running lvdisplay, and I see that the new disk (which should refer to the lvm volume with the VM name) is not 32GB in size(as indicated when creating it), but is equal in size to the entire VG1 (2TB) ! At the same time, in the VM settings, the size is 32 GB

U-U !

* So. I'm Creatе a second disk for VM - 64Gb on same volume group (VG1)

Lvdisplay.....

U-o!

The new disk (it is also there on VG1), not 64 GB at all, and also has a size equal to the entire VG1 .

So. Two virtual disks 32Gb&64Gb, has size on VG1 eq size all VG1 !

Reactions: BobhWasatch
Hi,

Proxmox VE does not support MDRaid.
MDRaid and virtualization has repeatedly caused problems in the past,
which is why Proxmox VE does not support it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!