VDI

Mundo Digital

Feb 19, 2020
Brasil
how to install apache Guacamole on proxmox 6.1-7?

Is there any way to configure the user-mapping.xml file that was inside the / etc / guacamole / folder in version 5.4.13 only in version 6.1-7 now?
Can you help me Martin Maurer?
With any tutorial or material that I can translate to reach my goal?

Last edited:
I think most people install quacamole in a VM using the docker images. Works fine for me. Why do you want to install it directly on the host? I mean, you can install it on there the same way (with docker that's in Debian repositories + official images) or google the Debian instructions for installing from source. But I don't see the advantage.

I used the instructions below. They are for installing to a VM on the Linode hosting service but it is basically the same on Proxmox. They also have instructions for getting Remote Desktop running on another VM and connecting to it.

https://www.linode.com/docs/applica...ote-desktop-using-apache-guacamole-on-docker/

Last edited:
Reactions: Mundo Digital
Guacamole was never a Proxmox package, it was a Debian one. It was removed from the repository for Buster, I don't know why. So now you have to go with one of the other methods to install it. The package in Stretch was way outdated anyway.

I'm still not clear on your use-case, but you can certainly access Proxmox VM's from another VM. That's exactly how mine is set up. I log into Guacamole to access my virtual desktop VM's. I use my Chromebook as a thin client and it works great.

For automated access to the proxmox vms.
Adding vms in the user-mapping.xml file that was inside / etc / guacamole / and today in Proxmox 6.1-7 it doesn't exist or I can't find this file that was inside that folder anymore.

Your title says VDI but you are intending automated access into VMs. So without knowing the details, I am assuming you are trying to give user console access to a VMs using VNC/RDP/SSH of Guacamole. I will highly highly recommend against it as will many others. Regardless of the need, you want to keep the Hypervisor as lean as possible by not putting services on it. That is where a Guacamole VM comes in. You can something like Nethserver+Guacamole and have an amazing system for automation. This also gives you much more buffer during any error with heightened security.
This is a recommendation based on not knowing what exactly and how you are trying to automate.

Guacamole was never a Proxmox package, it was a Debian one. It was removed from the repository for Buster, I don't know why. So now you have to go with one of the other methods to install it. The package in Stretch was way outdated anyway.

I'm still not clear on your use-case, but you can certainly access Proxmox VM's from another VM. That's exactly how mine is set up. I log into Guacamole to access my virtual desktop VM's. I use my Chromebook as a thin client and it works great.

Adding vms in the user-mapping.xml file that was inside / etc / guacamole / and today in Proxmox 6.1-7 it doesn't exist or I can't find this file that was inside that folder anymore.
I want to automate my raspi to automatically enter the operating system via spice and guacamole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZW6i67wZOQ
Your title says VDI but you are intending automated access into VMs. So without knowing the details, I am assuming you are trying to give user console access to a VMs using VNC/RDP/SSH of Guacamole. I will highly highly recommend against it as will many others. Regardless of the need, you want to keep the Hypervisor as lean as possible by not putting services on it. That is where a Guacamole VM comes in. You can something like Nethserver+Guacamole and have an amazing system for automation. This also gives you much more buffer during any error with heightened security.
This is a recommendation based on not knowing what exactly and how you are trying to automate.

[QUOTE = "symmcom, post: 299277, membro: 22849"]
Seu título diz VDI, mas você pretende acessar automaticamente as VMs. Portanto, sem conhecer os detalhes, suponho que você esteja tentando conceder acesso ao console do usuário para VMs usando VNC / RDP / SSH do Guacamole. Eu recomendo muito contra isso, assim como muitos outros. Independentemente da necessidade, você deseja manter o Hypervisor o mais enxuto possível, sem colocar serviços nele. É aí que entra uma VM Guacamole. Você pode algo como Nethserver + Guacamole e ter um sistema incrível de automação. Isso também oferece muito mais buffer durante qualquer erro com maior segurança.
Esta é uma recomendação baseada em não saber exatamente o que e como você está tentando automatizar.
[/CITAR]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnUN9AFYtK0

Last edited:
The YouTube link is a demo of using Spice from the Proxmox GUI. To do that you need to install a Spice client on the machine where you want the display to appear.

Apache Guacamole does not work with the Spice protocol, only VNC, RDP, and SSH.

[QUOTE = "BobhWasatch, postagem: 299295, membro: 69106"]
O link do YouTube é uma demonstração do uso do Spice na GUI do Proxmox. Para fazer isso, você precisa instalar um cliente Spice na máquina em que deseja que a exibição apareça.

O Apache Guacamole não funciona com o protocolo Spice, apenas VNC, RDP e SSH.
[/CITAR]

[QUOTE = "Mundo Digital, post: 299313, membro: 87280"]
O link do YouTube é uma demonstração do uso de Spice na GUI do Proxmox. Para fazer isso, você precisa instalar um cliente Spice na máquina que deseja exibir exibição.

[/ CITAR]
[/CITAR]
guacamole.jpg

[QUOTE = "Mundo Digital, post: 299315, membro: 87280"]
[QUOTE = "Mundo Digital, post: 299313, membro: 87280"]
O link do YouTube é uma demonstração do uso de Spice na GUI do Proxmox. Para fazer isso, você precisa instalar um cliente Spice na máquina que deseja exibir.

[/ CITAR]
[/ CITAR]
View attachment 15421
[/CITAR]
Proxmox com VDI.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!