Google emails coming back

Hugo Almeida

Jul 15, 2019
Good afternoon,

I'm having trouble sending email to google.com domains, the emails returned, with the following message appearing:

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.186.26]
said: 550-5.7.28 [200.199.203.6 1] Our system has detected an unusual problem
550-5.7.28 rate unsolicited emails originating from your IP address. For
protect our users 550-5.7.28 from spam, emails sent from their IP address
it was blocked. 550-5.7.28 Visit 550-5.7.28
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedIPError to review our 550
5.7.28 Guidelines for bulk email senders. 21si9209855pgn.257 - gsmtp (in response
end of the DATA command).

There is no problem with Proxmox Mail Gateway, the problem is your IP address and/or your mailserver itself.
Read the support page from google, you can find all information and instructions how to fix this problem there.

If you have further problems, I would recommend you to post in the google forums. This is the wrong place as it has nothing to do with Proxmox Mail Gateway.

Yes, though, I can change the IP that is being used on MX and now our IP is no longer on the RBL lists, I would like to know how or Google updates this on their basis.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!